Friday, May 25, 2012

Amazon Is Trying To Tempt Me!

They must not have gotten the memo that I'm on buying lock-down because I found this recommendation in my email:


The interesting thing is that I have never purchased a single toy or doll item from Amazon, just stuff for Kindle.  The cookies must have given me away though, because when I research a doll it usually, inevitably, leads me to Amazon.

I sure would like that Liv Kiosk, but that's one of the things I tell myself that I can make on my own. *sigh*  But it sure would be easier to just buy it. *stare*

I have the Katie and Sk8 set.  Got it last year from TJ Maxx for $15 bucks, so the Amazon price seems decent.  However the prices for the other 2 dolls are ridiculous.  And $34.95 for a chair and extensions?  For real?  Now the sale page says it comes with the chair and 2 wigs, but still, no.

Tempt me with these prices?  Not likely, Amazon.  Pfft.

Oh geeze, I'm so cheap.

10 comments:

  1. Tempetion! I always get tempted by websites I have purchased from, and the emails they send me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona, they track us and then tempt us with our cravings. As my mother would say, "That's how they get you!"

      Delete
  2. I would fall for that kiosk for sure! Must be difficult to fight temptation that way hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti, sometimes it's very hard to fight the temptation, lol.

      Delete
  3. The same here. I always get emails like these from ebay, but since I am off from dolls shopping, I resist (tohugh is difficult) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio, I'm trying to be more crafty as a way to fill the void from buying. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on this one Muff. I got that kiosk on clearance @Walmart last year. I'm so glad I own those other ladies already. The $30 price tags on them is scary to me (cheap with you). I remember that salon set with the wigs. It was overpriced then and definitely overpriced now..LOL.

    Amazon has good deals at times and then other times you want to slap them..LOL. I've been picking up LIV's on clearance since they won't be around for the long haul. Makes me sad but I'm glad there are still some good sources out there for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dollz4Moi, every time I see a low price Liv I'm like, "Should I get that?" Especially when I see multiples of the same Liv. I don't want to buy the same doll twice, but you never know about availability in the future.

      Delete
    2. I find myself asking that question. It's always should I get that and will I use that? If I really know in my heart of hearts I have no use for it I leave it behind.

      I pick up extras for body swaps. Then there are some things I never purchased and am getting a chance now. I've been finding some great deals @Kmart. I picked up a couple of the swimsuit dolls for my niece for $2. They had the 50% off clearance.

      Delete
    3. 2 dollars!!! That's my kind of savings! I will have to stop by Kmart more often.

      Delete