Monday, May 28, 2012

Translation Is Here

D7ana did a post earlier this month about adding a translation gadget to her blog.  I wanted to add one too but I'm not overly savvy when it comes to Blogger and the instructions at BloggerBuzz didn't match the tabs I have.  Probably doesn't help that I'm still using the old interface.  ^_^.  Whelp, I finally figured out how to add the module and here's how for those using the old system:

 Assuming you have this section at the top of your blog, click Design.

Next choose Add A Gadget to whatever blog section you want the module on.

Scroll down the options available and click the plus sign for Translate.

You will be given 3 style options to choose from.  You can also change the Title.  It doesn't have to say "Translate."  You can always change this by picking Edit on the Design panel.


And here it is on the bottom of my blog!  Now I do know that when I sometimes visit people with the Translate option, their little box has disappeared but I think that's a blogger defect though.

Anyway, to you international readers; welcome and I hope this makes things easier for you.

*waves vigorously*

12 comments:

  1. They added this gadget recently, before you had to take this tool from a separate website

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Sergio. So that's why on some of the international blogs I visit they have fancy translators that I couldn't find in Blogger.

      Delete
  2. I've added this gadget a couple of days ago and it's sooo much fun. I translete my own posts and can't stop laughing. But seriously, it helps to catch the general idea at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, IHime! You're right, it's not a perfect translation, but yeah, people will be able to get the gist of the post.

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: thank you for providing reading your blog. I am also trying to puta translator on my blog but still I could not install it. All that is related to computer I find it very difficult. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta, I think the US version of Blogger is different from your country so my instructions are probably way off. 0.o

      Delete
  4. I will have to add this gadget to help my non-english speaking readers. It would make it easier even if it just gives them the gist of what I'm posting :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dollz4Moi, it really is helpful because I read a few foreign sites and it's nice to be able to click a button instead of cutting and pasting and putting it in the Google Translate webpage.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the notice, Muff! And for providing an alternative in case I have to go to the old interface.

    And, yes, the translations can be eyebrow raising, lol. Oh is that what she means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana I tried the new format for a whole 10 minutes before I switched back. I know that eventually they are going to switch over permanently... but they have been saying that since March.

      Delete
  6. I have tried to add it on my blog and ....nothing! The word show up but is like it is on your blog!:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Ms. Leo it's a pretty wonky gadget. Half the time I just see the word translate with nothing to click underneath.

      Delete